Thursday 3 January 2013

Boys Will Be Boys

Shock Horror!! I managed to get a bit of colouring done this year already - and this is the first chance I've had to play with the new flexmarkers that were released at the end of 2012.
I've also used a very apt rub-on from one of the packs of Letraset Wordset Transfers which are at special clearance prices. 

Image: Boys Will Be Boys digi stamp from Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers (see below next pic for colours)
papers are all Making Memories - Just Chillin Boy
Letraset Transfers - For Men (black)

I've used a very simple style of colouring, because I think it suits the image.
I've used my usual skin combo of Burnt Orange, Coral, Sunkissed Pink and Blush promarkers thenSoft Green promarker for the lighter strips of his jumper and Verdigris flexmarker for shading, Pesto and Herb Green flexmarkers for the other stripes. I used Cadet Blue, Celestial Blue and Stonewash flexmarkers for his trousers, Chilli Red and Red Rooster flexmarkers for his tongue, Burnt Umber promarker and Burnt Sienna flexmarker for his hair and Caribbean Blue flexmarker to outline everything.

For the first time in ages I have a baby card to make, Faithy's best friend at school got a new baby brother just before Christmas, so I need to get cracking with a card and finish off the crocheted blanket I'm making before Friday as we're popping over to meet him. In fact it's been quite a while since I've had a baby bosie, let's hope it's not catching lol
Debz x

12 comments:

Claire said...

LOL great card Debbi. Hugs, Claire x

nnalorac said...

Super boy image , love the colouring Debz. Bought some new Flex colours last week so love the new Verdigris colou, mmmmn along with some others lol! . Enjoy your bosie. Carolxx

Marianne said...

Love your colouring. I agree it's just perfect for this image.

scotspanda said...

Great card wifie love the image it's fab and yup the simple colouring does suit it xxxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a brilliant image you have coloured beautifully Ginny x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fab creation Debbi, love it

Ali x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great image, layout and love the colouring and the lettering too. Fab.

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you echoed the stripes of the patterned paper in the colour of the striped jumper & picked a blue for the jeans which tones with the blue stripe too.
Paula (PEP)

Beebeebabs said...

LOL such a cute card!!!

coops said...

so stunning debbi.i love the fab image and great colours ;D

xx coops xx

Janice said...

Great colours and card Mrs, love it, Jx

Kat said...

What a fun image Debbi, love how you've coloured it. Love the simple style of colouring it really suits that image.

Kat xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...