Thursday 20 January 2011

Oscar and a Teaser

Morning!
it's getting closer to the end of the week, and tomorrow I'll be away on a wee jaunt across town to meet up with my crafty buddies Anne and Kath and blonde deliciousness that is Buddy for a catch up. This'll be the first time we've got together since - is it as long ago as the SECC?? Then I'll probably see them both again plus Jacqui at Simply Create for the shop relaunch and Kath's Hero Arts demo. If you are within driving distance of Alford then you really must see Kath in action - the woman is amazing.


So what have I been up to? well with a lovely tidy desk again (see previous WOYWW posts) it's been a joy to craft. And it will be even better from now on because after hopping round half of the WOYWWers yesterday I decided that I needed a hutch for the top of my desk as the wee shelf just wasn't cutting the mustard. I did my usual and googled "desk hutch" but oh my goodness they are expensive, and with "adapt and overcome" being my motto of the moment - I had a bit of a brainwave. I had previously picked up a faux leather DVD holder at Asda, and that was where I kept all my 8x8 and 6x6 papers, so I thought I could turn it on its side and it would make a great hutch - especially if I bought another 2 so that it stretched the length of my desk. So last night was spent rearranging all my bits in my nice new hutch, but I won't show you just yet - think I'll keep that wee surprise for next week's WOYWW.


I think I mentioned before that I'd splashed out on the 4 new soft centre stamps from Sugar Nellie last week. Just to be different I decided to colour Oscar the Owl - he's dead easy to colour.




Image: Oscar from Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers
papers are all Cosmo Cricket Earth Love, stitched on . The brads are papermania and the wooden button is from a stall at the SECC in October.


I followed Kiki's sketch at The Sugar Bowl, so I'd like to enter him there
as well as
Fab n Funky - Animal Magic
Crafty Creations - Its a Bird Thing - plus polka dots and green
Creative Card Crew - For Men


LOL I nearly forgot the teaser - tomorrow I will be back with some fabulous candy, have some brand spanking new goodies from Letraset to give away and after my clear out I've unearthed lots of other goodies to give away too - including some of my favourite Sugar Nellie stamps, so remember to pop back tomorrow.

34 comments:

PeeJay said...

I used that idea for a 'hutch' (although didn't know they were called that) about 2 to 3 years ago for my Sizzix dies and CB folders. It works very well and wanted to add to it a few months back (ran out of space) but my local Asda have stopped selling them :( Not only does it work well, it looks good to with the faux leather. Have fun this weekend.

PeeJay said...

... should have said, I stacked mine - one on top of the other :)

Sharon said...

Great card Debbi. Doesn't that owl look so wise lol!! Love the LO & those yummy papers & the little button is so cute.
Well done on giving up smoking too!!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
hugs
Sharon x

Kat said...

Great card Debbi. That owl is really cute!

Can't wait to see Kath in action on Saturday at Alford. And buy some new stash of course.

Kat xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
Gorgeous design papers and colours. The image is so sweet. Fantastic bit of crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cards By MI said...

Oscar is a real cutie. Great colouring and wonderful dp. Sweet card.
Love n hugs
Marie

Rufus said...

Love the owl!
R/

Anke said...

Nice card I love the hart!
hugs Tessa

Larisa said...

wow!!! It is beautiful))) Love the image a lot)))

Paula (PEP) said...

I love this owl & the papers you have used with him- the cover mount owl from Craft Stamper was the only Sugar Nellie I had for some time.Just noticed your non-smoking label - huge congratulations shall be thinking of you as you carry on.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

kittirin-weltmeinerhandarbeit.blogspot.com said...

Ich liebe diese Karte!!! Sie ist großartig!!!!

Liebe Grüße

Iryna

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute image and fab papers. Hugs, Moni

scotspanda said...

great card hunni, the image is fab, I never buy animals I am so pants at colouring them lol

love the wee heart too it looks sweet

huggles

Amanda xx

Macpurp said...

i love this wee owl!!! and the wooden button is so sweet
lots of love teen xx

Henriëtte said...

Very nice owl card..........

paper fun said...

Great male card. This is the kind of valentine that my husband would like.

Awesome job coloring.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

xxxtglxxx said...

This card is amazing Debbie. I spotted it yesterday when I visited your blog, but my internet was playing up, so had to come back to comment today. I just love those papers! Stunning. I like how you have stiched them on (its quite brave to use a machine I think, I can only hand stitch! :D). The heart looks fantastic and your colouring is just perfect! Seriously :)

Have a great day,

hugs

xxalisonxx

mariska said...

This is a cute card!
Nice!

Hugs mariska

Clarkie cards by Nicola said...

Have had a lovely nosey through your blog your cards are wonderful, I'm new to blogging but have made a start. I have been cardmaking/scrapbooking for a long time and long may it continue, I have lots of new inspiration. Many thanks for letting me browse, Nicola

karen said...

Fabulous, love the owl and yummy papers, thanks for sharing with us at fab n funky this week, Karen

Samantha said...

Wow I really love this card! We're getting a sewing machine soon so we can stitch on our cards, I love the effect it has! xx

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful! Love the touch of the wwoden heart. Ruby x

Allymcb1 said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the way you have used the spellbinder die. I have this one and have yet to use it. The colours on your card are so subtle. Thank you for the inspiration

Lola said...

Great blog, really!
Kisses

scrappinpeg said...

love your owl. but really love the diecut around him!

ShersL84bed said...

Debbi

I came here looking for alternatives to copic markers and you make these promarkers look wonderful. I love your owl he is beautiful.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

Auntie Ang said...

the owl card is so so stinking cute

Saz said...

Love the card Debbie xx

Laetitia said...

Very nice card.
I love the colours you have used, very masculine and springlike at the same time. And I don't know exactly why but the owl makes me laugh. So cute, and I hope it will bring a smile to the person who receives it.
Happy crafting,
Laetitia xx

Brenna said...

I love all the zig zag stitching on this card! I have got to try that! Thanks for sharing
brenna
rbanderson@live.ca

cebelica said...

What a beautiful card! This owl is SO cute! And that little heard in the right corner is wonderful! Nicely put together!

Marianne said...

What a great card. Love the colors and the image!!

Ilonka said...

Wow what a wonderful card!
Bst wishes ILo

Denise said...

The owl is soo cute and your colouring is fab - will need to practice some more

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...