Tuesday 23 February 2010

Passion for Promarkers #40 Tulip Yellow, Baby Pink + Stitching

am on a roll at the moment, 3 posts in 3 days eh? lol
This week we have a bit of a double whammy, chosen by one of our fabulous Guest Dt's at Passion for Promarkers, Tracy. We have a beautiful colour combination of Tulip Yellow and Baby Pink PLUS Tracy has asked that we use stitching on our creations, it can be faux, hand or machine stitching. So I thought I'd get the old sewing machine dusted off and give that a bash, as well as using hand drawn faux-stitching around the image itself.

This week our sponsor is
and they have very generously offered this gorgeous mini-book for our winner.

Just think of the fabulous things you could do with that

Now before I show you my card I just want to explain something.... in real life the machine stitching is actually all straight, but for some reason the photo I took makes it look like I've been at vino while using the sewing machine. And that couldn't possibly be true ;)

Image: Sitting Pretty from Sugar Nellie, coloured with promarkers: Baby Pink & Rose Pink for her top, dress and shoes, Tulip Yellow and Gold for her top and ribbons, Lavender, Orchid & Purple for her hair.
I also used Tulip Yellow and Orchid to colour the Petaloo embossed daisies.

core'dinations card for the image mat, paper mat and punched branches, the greeting is Stampin' Up. The papers are Papermania colossal pastel which I have had for years.

I machine zigzag stitched the paper to the mat, and hand drew the faux stitching around the image with a sakura stardust pen.

Here's her close-up


I am also entering this card for the following challenges:
Stamp with Fun - Stitch
Totally Gorjuss - flowers (on the paper too)


11 comments:

Lexi said...

Ohhh it's fabulous Debbie I do enjoy stopping by embarrased to say i dont always remember to leave a comment :( sorry..i cant wait to try out the mono that you did before

Hugs Lexi xxx

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Debbi. What a lovely colour combo and you have coloured her beautifully as usual. Love this image.

Kat xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, love her purple hair!
Hugs Tracy x

Cards By MI said...

Such a sweet card. Totally love your style!
xMarie

Cards By MI said...

Such a sweet card. Totally love your style!
xMarie

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debbi,
Beautiful colour combo, Great papers, gorgeous image and the lace is fabulous.
I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

gorgeous card hun...she is really pretty...her hair is fab

hugs shell xx

jojo79 said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, Love the colours.

Jo

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card Debbie pleased to see someone else has a devil sewing machine like mine!!! Sue :o)

Marion said...

Gorgeous card Debbi, Love these Manga sugar babes. Such a pretty mat she is sitting on. Love her purple hair.
Marion

Dianne said...

Beautiful card Debbie. I love the colors you chose and that purple hair is hot.

Hugs,
Dianne

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...