Tuesday 29 December 2009

On a roll...

Don't want to tempt fate or anything - but I seem to be on a bit of a roll. Decided to have a go at doing a couple of cards this afternoon and they came together surprisingly well.
Fair enough for one of them I used a sketch - my DT card for the 5th Jan at PfP, and raspberry is not normally my colour either, but I was quite chuffed at how it turned out.  Obviously I can't show you it yet, but I can tell you that I'm loving making easel cards.
The other card was a sample to take to Simply Create for my ProMarker class on the 16th of Jan. Jacqui tells me the class is sold out already - wow! Now I really am worried. Its one thing being able to colour in, its quite another thing to show other people how to do it. So if anyone has any advice, hints or tips then they'll all be gratefully received. 
Now I just need to give one of xmas pressies a try.... Graham got me this super duper mini photo studio thingy - it consists of a collapsible tent, backgrounds, lights and a tripod and all comes in this neat little satchel. But I'll have to leave that until the kids are in bed - I want to avoid sticky little fingers touching it or pinching bits.
I'm now at the point where I'm counting down the hours until the kids go back to school - even they keep asking when school's open again, they must be as fed up of me as I am of them lol

So what has everyone got planned for Hogmanay then?  

5 comments:

Measha06 said...

Card sounds interesting but I'd love to know more about your little studio that cant come out until the kids go to bed!

Rufus said...

You'll be fine teaching your class. Just take a deep breath and remember that you know how to do this and they WANT to learn it. Then forget about it all and just be you. Your xmas pressie sounds great would love to see a pic of it!
R/

Annemarie said...

Hi,

I'm curious for your cards. It sounds great.
My tip for your class:
Stay relaxed.
Imagine you have to explain something very difficult to your childeren. If you stay relaxed it will work out. The big difference is that adults will listen (lol)
Good luck!
I wish I could be there...

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Debbi
Just caught up with your last 2 posts. You're right the telly was rubbish all except fo Dr Who. Can't wait for the next episode though I don't want to lose David Tennant, sob. That class sounds great, wish I could go. We're off to some friends tomorrow night. Happy New Year.
Marianne x

Kath Stewart said...

can't wait to see those gorgeous cards especially the one for the 16th and hey you'll be fine....looking forward to some fabby lessons from the queen of PM's....and hey I have had a little spend at Angel Crafts...took your advice on what to buy from your sidebar...so raring to go....big hugs kath xxxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...