Tuesday 9 June 2009

Passion for Promarkers - Week 3 - Cinnamon & Pumpkin

Woohooo, another  Tuesday and another new challenge at Passion for Promarkers. When I first saw the colours for this weeks challenge; cinnamon and pumpkin I thought - argh!!!!!!!!!! I don't normally do orange!

BUT.... once I started playing with the cinnamon and pumpkin, I loved them. I think orange should be the new black :D

The prize for this week's challenge is a £10 voucher for the fabulous 

So here's my DT submission...

500 Debbi
Image: Rain, Miss Anya from The Greetings Farm
Coloured with: Cinnamon & Pumpkin, Cocoa and Orange for shadows and also Umber for the darker parts of her hair. I accidentally picked up Saffron instead of Ivory to do the skin, but once it was dry I thought it was quite nice, there is a hint of Pastel Pink for her cheeks. Finally I used a white Gelly Roll Med sakura pen for the highlights.
The patterned papers are both Basic Grey - Offbeat.
The orange and Brown card for matting is core'dinations - the scalloped oval and plain oval were cut with nesties in the cuttlebug
The green card is core'dinations which I ran through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder.
Papermania Autumn ribbon, Papermania gold teardrop gems, Papermania fabric flower coloured with Pumpkin promarker, Cream Prima flower marked with Cinnamon promarker, Papermania chocolate brad, I used a woodware leaf punch to cut the leaves from core'dinations card. Finally the greeting is a Daisy & Dandelion greeting banner.
And here's Miss Anya's close-up...
remember to go visit the rest of my DT team-mates (links on my sidebar) and have a lookie at their fab cards.

19 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Debbi. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

Kath Stewart said...

wowee fabulous card Debbi and yes I am warming to orange too....and love it with the brown tones...Hugs Kath xxxx

Natalie said...

Debbi this is gorgeous, I love this image and your colouring is fab. x

helen said...

gorgeous colouring debbi i know what you mean about the orange, its really growing on me now lol
hugs
helen x

Unknown said...

Fab card again Debz, I had this one coloured in very similair along with Daisy and another Miss Anya, mmm which one will I use.

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card hun, love the colours together :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Gina said...

Fabulous card Debbi, these are my favourite images and coloured perfectly :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Unknown said...

Oh she's gorgeous, your colouring skills are fantastic!

Jan xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

She looks fab in these colours hugs Pascale

Anonymous said...

a wonderful card Debbi, love your colouring. hugs rachxx

~Emma~ said...

Hi Debbie...I've hopped over from Lainys blog to have a nose. I'm NE Scotland to...small world! Love this card and would love to try using promarkers...just to scared! LOL! Hugs Emma.x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Love your card this week Deb, suberbly coloured image as usual.

Hugs

Sarah

Riet said...

Wowww Debbi,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Wow! What an amazing card missus! Just loving the colours and how cute is that stamp! Have you used glossy accents on the umbrella? Love the effect. Lainy xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debbi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cami said...

Debbi, this card is absolutely adorable. Your coloring is superb and I love the DPs you used with this cute Anya girl. I'm glad I met you through the Inky Impressions blog hop and have added your site to my favorites! You have many beautiful projects here! Hugs, Cami

Jan Hennings said...

Absolutely adorable card! I wish I had your coloring skills :)
I found you while blog hopping and have enjoyed your blog!

Anonymous said...

Debbi, This is fabulous! I love the image and your coloring is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

clare said...

another gorgeous card..so love the image and these colours together are great..TFS hugs clare x

Ive just finished mine..will pop it on my blog soon xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...