Tuesday 2 June 2009

Passion for Promarkers - Week 2 - Pastel Pink and Apple

What a fabulous start to the Passion for Promarkers blog  - we had so many entries, it was almost a full time job for all of us on the DT to get round and see them all, and we're definitely not complaining. There were fabulous entries from crafters with all levels of promarker experience. We're so thrilled so many people took part in our first week and we're hoping all of you will be back for week 2. So please pop on over to Passion for Promarkers - the only rule is you have to use this weeks featured colours : Apple and Pastel Pink.

The prize this week is a gorgeous stamp from Whiff of Joy - its called Shy Willow and it is from the newly released Elisabeth Bell Summer collection. 

So, on with my DT card for this week.

Debbi 500

Image: Poise by Leanne Ellis @ Sugar Nellie

Promarkers used: Apple and Pastel Pink layered several times for depth on dress and flowers Warm Grey 1 for shadow,  Black, Warm Grey 3 & 5 for hair, Ivory and Blush for skin,

Sakura White Med Gelly Roll for highlights, papermania clear shimmer dots used on flowers in the image

image matted onto green core'dinations card

I didn't have any paper flowers that matched the colours I used so I picked out some white Papermania flowers from the black and white embellishment trio and coloured them with Apple and Pastel Pink promarkers

Flower centres are tiny paper flowers from stash and clear Papermania shimmer dots. Leaves are a fern punch from Emerald Crafts, punched from core'dinations card.

Pale pink card at the back is Doodlebug, pastel pink core'dinations card was embossed using the birds and swirls cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded

Apple green satin ribbon from the Smirk range

28 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful card Caryn, I just love the image you have used and you have coloured it beautifully :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Annie said...

Fabulous Debbi.

Ann xxx

helen said...

debbi this is gorgeous hon i'm loving her hair, great tip with the flowers too
hugs
helen x

Gina said...

Hi Debz your card is fantastic Debz :) just love the image you have used Debz....do you think I have gone to far now :) so sorry about that but I will remember from now on I promise :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card, Debbi!Here's to a fab second week at PFP.
Maria xx

Ida / Little said...

This is just stunning! The coloring is in its own league!! I love what you have done with the ribbon, and how you have cut your image is very fancy! :)

Hugs Ida

Unknown said...

Wow, fab card babe, I have that image and have to admit not yet inked it up, but after seeing your creation I might just have to get it out.
I was lucky enought to be chosen for the upcoming blog hog to release the Duda Dazr range, so am well chuffed at that, see you Saturday.

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card hun, haven't got apple so will have to sit it out this week! Can't believe I had my head up my backside and didn't manage to get one in for week one!! shocker lol

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Debbi. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Yummy papers also. Hugs Michele x

LISA said...

Brilliant, LOve everything about it, that image is fab....off to see if i can get one!!

Powerful Search Engine said...

She is a gorgeous image to work with I love her as you know I used her last week. You have made her look stunning. I love how you have coloured her hair. Hugs Pascale

Bea said...

Its a gordgeous card your colouring is superb
Bea x

Michelle said...

What a stunning card Debbi, I just love it. I'm gonna enter this challenge too don't think I can produce such a fantastic card as you, well done

Huggles Fae Michelle
x.

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Debbi, lovely image and your flowers look great
Clairexx

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card what a wonderful image and layout fabby.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Natalie said...

Fabulous card, love the image. x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debbi,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Caryn said...

Just gorgeous Debbi, that image is stunning. Love the embossed background - really effective.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Meahni Pieterse said...

Oh my hat, you are so famous now I have to scroll and scroll to get to the bottom of the screen to leave a comment! Beautiful card... i love the colours.

Lisa said...

Hi, Gorgeous card! Fab image and lovely colouring. x

brenda said...

Awsome card Debbi, absolutely love the colours and image.

B x

Christine Riley said...

Super cute! I love the colors, great card!
Hugs, Christine :)

Kath Stewart said...

another stunning card Debbi and great tip for colouring your flowers...Big Hugs kath xxxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous, the way you have coloured her is just stunning...wish I was that good lol

hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

Gorjuss card hunni really pretty!! thank you for you kind comments :-) xxxx

Lynn said...

thanks for visiting my blog ... and for your vote :) Been having a look at your blog and your cards are really beautiful. I'll be back again:)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

This is stunning...love the colours. I have her coloured on my desk..just need to make her into a card! Love the flowers down the side. Great work!
Judy x

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Awesome card. The colouring work is beautiful and I love the stamped image. In all it is something I aspire to. xxx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...