Monday 13 April 2009

Scorchio :)

what a beautiful day we had yesterday - I spent all afternoon outside in the sunshine colouring some of my new Sugar Nellies, and would you believe it, I got sunburnt!! Although its turned brown already.

It can't quite make up its mind what it wants to do today though - the sun and fog are having a bit of a tug of war.

I'm getting a little nervous about Tuesday, if you've been keeping up with the news you'll have heard about the tragic helicopter crash on the 1st April where sadly, 16 people lost their lives. Since then there have been another 2 near misses, and the helicopters involved were the Eurocopter Super Puma EC225's. One had a precautionary landing, and one had pieces of metal coming from its exhaust when it landed on the platform. Graham is due home tomorrow and they fly in the EC225's. Understandably the crew who are due off are getting pretty nervous, and to be honest my guts are in an uproar and I won't be able to relax until I know he's back on dry land safely.

So I'm busy today, trying to limit the amount of mess the kids make - hopefully the sun will win the fight today and I can get them out in the garden again.

I'm also going to try and find an hour to put together a card with one of the images I coloured yesterday, so I may (don't hold your breath though) post that later.

Have a nice day :)

2 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Aw honey hope you are ok, I'm sending you a long distance hug. Dawn Marie.xx

Max said...

Awww Debbi.
I can understand your fears totally. My hubby left yesterday morning to make the trip to Aberdeen to go out to his rig and I felt more than a bit out of sorts all day, just worried I suppose. You'd think I'd be used to it after almost 20 years but the recent incidents have highlighted the fears that are normally kept hidden.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...