Wednesday 11 March 2009

Thinking I'm getting the hang of it now...

So this was my second attempt at paper piecing, and I thought I'd do another male card. The CCSR range makes making mens cards an absolute doddle. If you haven't got any yet then you really must. And you really must try the very first challenge Clare has on her blog too.

I thought I would use up some of the scraps from the CCSR Launch party challenge, so I stamped the fisherman stamp onto white concord card, the plaid paper and the spotty paper all in the teal colourway. The dungarees were cut out in 2 pieces from the plaid paper and the hat and also 3 fish (also from the for him stamps by CCSR)

I coloured the base image on the concord card with promarkers then stuck on his paper clothes, and used the SU scallop punch to shape the bottom edge. Then matted the image onto a scrap of teal core'dinations card which I had sanded, then punched the bottom edge with the SU punch.

The base card was covered with the plaid teal paper, the image was added with 3d foam tape and the fish were added with foam squares.

I wonder if this would count as a CAS (clean and simple) card too??

9 comments:

Macpurp said...

oh i love this !
i need to get some male cards made.
think i need to go check out clare curds.
love teen x

Mar G said...

Aw wow Deb.....I love your card & its given me SO much inspiration! As you know my CCSR stamps arrived this morning & I've got a card to make for Lee (the wee SKY man) its his birthday today & he's an avid fisherman!
Thank you dearie - Love ya x

scotspanda said...

fab card hun, it is great :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Clare said...

Gorgeous Card. You have so got the hang of this paper piecing lark! Love, Clare x

Mina said...

what a gorgeous mans card and they are the hardest to make...great job of paper piecing xxx

Tab said...

Well your on a roll now with this paper piecing, just fab!
Hugs Tab xxx

Kath Stewart said...

wow this is fab Debbi...just love his dungarees and those cute little fishes....yes you have definitely got the hang of it and no it's not a CAS card...it's an ABC....absolutely beautiful creation....thanks for joining in the fun at Stampin Chic this week
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Kim Costello said...

Great card Debbi, I love your colour combo and the super cute image so well paper pieced, Love the fish!!! thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Chic Technique challenge # 1, HuGs Kim x

Meahni Pieterse said...

How cute, and I love the little fish! I need this for all the male cards I've had to do. One left....

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...