Friday 20 February 2009

Happy Birthday Cath

My little brother's girlfriend/bidy-in is celebrating her birthday on the 24th so I thought I would use the Sugar Bowl, Challenge 4 - One to make her birthday card. The challenge is: Create a card using only one piece of patterned design paper.

So my one piece of paper was an 8x8" sheet from the Papermania Colossal For Him range, which I used to cover a jump card (if anyone's interested I can post a tutorial as its very very easy) and let me tell you its quite fernickity to cover the card in one go, but I managed.

I inked all the edges of the jump card with a navy Ink It Up pad to give it a bit of definition. I then added a length of cream wide organza from Anita's and used another small piece to tie a wee knot. 

The image is Sweet n Sassy designed by Elisabeth Bell for Sugar Nellie and is stamped with Memento Dew Drops and coloured with promarkers. I used a sakura stardust pen to accent the heart pendant, the belt buckle and the stitches of the patches on her jeans. I used lemon Pearl Pen to accent the centres of the flowers. I then inked round the image with the navy inkpad and matted it onto orange core'dinations card and added a couple of orange papermania brads before attaching it to the card with 3d foam tape. And finally I added a charm from Calico Crafts.

My mum and dad were round at lunchtime and mum was asking what I use to cut shapes for my cards, so I trailed through the X-cut shapecutting system and the cuttlebug and all its paraphernalia and she thought the cuttlebug was fantastic - although she did just about fall in a heap when I told her how much it cost. I also showed her the stamps I've bought this year; all my Sugar Nellies, the Sarah kay's and the Whiff of Joy's including the brand new Spring Kit that arrived yesterday. I had a load of stamped images that I had done with Stazon, so she's away with some of them as she quite likes to use her watercolour paints.

Seeing as the crafty stuff was out, Willow and Faith decided they wanted in on the act too and dad was "helping" them

That's all for now folks, as a certain Mr Bunny used to say.

13 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is another gorgeous card hunny. I just adore these new stamps. Glad your children are having fun crafting too! hugs Linda x

Gayle said...

Hi Debbi!
Gorgeous card! I'm sure the bidey-in loved it! (I LOVE that expression)Nice to see you starting the wee ones early too! (My daughter sees a stamp in any form, anywhere and shouts " that's my mummy's')
Thanks for geting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
Sugar Mama x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fab card Debbi. Beautiful colouring. Lainy xxx

DawnMarie said...

Gorgeous card, love how you've coloured her, to perfection. Just beautiful.x

Mar G said...

Oh wow very unusual card but....really pretty! Love the image, fab colouring, organza & of course the charm :-)
Well Done You x
Great pics of your Dad & the girls, looks like they were having fun painting.
Lol at your Mum nearly falling in a heap at the cost! Manda was like that too when I told her about the Cuttlebug, only her language was flowery! (Lol) x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow - this is simply stunning - such wonderful colouring and colours...love it...love it...and great pics of the girls having fun...xx

Manda said...

I love your card! As always it looks fab! You really have a knack for all this huh!

Meahni Pieterse said...

What a lovely card, and the colouring is gorgeous. By the way, guess what I colledted from my post box today - heeehaaa - your 'letter'. It was such fun to open.

Macpurp said...

I love springy cards. This is beautiful!
I tried one today, but didnt get one of the lines right and made a right pigs ear of it, being hormonal was not helping!! lol

love teen xx

Lilian said...

Lovely coloring and great project! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. It's great to see kids crafting too. :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! Love the paper that you have used and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge with us :)Kathy

Andrea said...

this is beautiful! love your colouring

david santos said...

gorgeous card, perfect, love it! This beautiful

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...