Saturday 24 January 2009

Sugar Bowl - Challenge 2

Challenge 2 over on the Sugar Bowl has the theme - THREE, the brief is...

Please use three different design papers and three different types of embellishments on your cards! No more, no less. (by types of embellishments we mean, buttons, brads, flowers, ribbons, beads, bling etc)Of course, you can use any amount of 'plain' card stock!


My 3 patterned papers are from Papermania's new Scrumptious range - I used the creamy coloured paper with pink butterflies at the back (matted onto brown card), the hundreds and thousands pattern matted onto chocolate core'dinations on the left and right hand sides and the pink paper with lemon polka dots, matted onto chocolate core'dinations in the centre.

The 3 types of embellishment I used were flowers, a button and a chocolate satin ribbon (which I cut off the inside of a jumper - waste not want not)

I coloured "Daisy" with Letraset Promarkers, and used a Pearl Pen in Salmon to dot the flower centres. The image and the scallop circle were cut using my nesties in my cuttlebug. The cream and pink butterfly paper was inked using brwon ink and matted onto brown card. The scallop circle was cut from core'dinations and distressed using the Basic Grey file set. And lastly, I coloured a peel off with the promarkers to make it a chocolate brown colour.

Once again, I really enjoyed this Sugar Bowl challenge, think my colouring is improving a little - shame about my photography skills

8 comments:

Mar G said...

Ah gorgeous....Love the papers, image & the colour mix!
Well Done! x

Tiets said...

Just so great this card! thanks for joining the sugar bowl challenge!

Macpurp said...

beautiful card!
I love Daisy and the papers, a bit of a fave of mine just now.
and pink and brown is such a sweet combo.

love tina x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh my what a gorgeous card, and such a stunning image. The colours you've used are just fabulous! hugs Linda x

DawnMarie said...

Beautifully coloured, such a gorgeous stamp and I love the papers and colours you have used.x

Gayle said...

Hiya
What a delicious creation!
Thanks so much for joining the second challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
You really are too sweet!
Sugar Mama x

Lilian said...

You've colored Daisy beautifully and it's a great idea to use that silk ribbon. :) Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card!! Love the papers and the colors!! Also your coloring of Daisy is so pretty!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge!! (Great for you in reusing:)Kathy

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...