Thursday 29 January 2009

Am on a mission


You all know by now that I am a trustee of Extra Special Parents - the support charity for parents and carers of children with additional needs....? well!  Over the last 3 years I have heard so many families talking about the daily struggle they have with the education system - more often than not, if their child is in mainstream. 

Mainstream schools ARE the right place for many children with additional needs to be educated, however - very often their needs are not met and parents/carers find themselves having to fight, sometimes for years, and very often failing, to get their children the education they deserve.

As ESP has recently been awarded charitable status, we have a bit more clout and credibility and I would like to initiate a campaign to ensure that ALL children receive the help they need (in whatever shape or form) to achieve their potential within the education system.

Now, my problem is, I have no experience of anything as huge as this and I need help to get us started. If anyone out there has any suggestions I'm very grateful. 

2 comments:

Mar G said...

Good on you Deb! :)
I'll help with whatever I can but....my drug muddled brain is struggling to think of ideas just now! (Lol) x

Macpurp said...

I am sorry I don't have any experience of this so am no help, but I wanted to wish you lots of love with progressing with this campaign.
love tina x

New Baby 1

My boss at work, and friend Charlotte recently had her first baby so I had a few baby cards to make, on for Charlotte and her husband James,...